New Web 2.0 Anti-Cyber-Bullying Tool: AnonymousTips.com

Here’s a Web site where students and others can provide anonymous tips when they have encountered bullying or abuse. I briefly looked over the site and it is a legitimate site. You can check it out here. My questions are many at this point, like who protects the data and information that students enter into the Web site. As an administrator I would be concerned regarding who also might have access to what my students report. But the idea is interesting and worth some more thought. What do you think? Could we use something like this instead of that anonymous box sitting in our schools?

Update: I received an email from the creators of AnonymousTips.com and they assured me that they have security measures in place that would prevent abuse. I plan to give this web site a try beginning on Monday. I’ll keep everyone posted regarding the outcome of its use.

You have read this article with the title New Web 2.0 Anti-Cyber-Bullying Tool: AnonymousTips.com. You can bookmark this page URL http://serres-media.blogspot.com/2010/11/new-web-20-anti-cyber-bullying-tool.html. Thanks!

No comment for "New Web 2.0 Anti-Cyber-Bullying Tool: AnonymousTips.com"

Post a Comment